Sunday, December 04, 2005

..on trying to catch water, in a net...






If for an instant God were to forget that I am a rag doll and gifted me with a piece of life, possibly I wouldn't say all that I think, but rather I would think of all that I say. I would value things, not for their worth, but for what they mean. I would sleep little, dream more, understanding that for each minute we close our eyes we lose sixty seconds of light.

I would walk when others hold back, I would wake when others sleep. I would listen when others talk, and how I would enjoy a good chocolate ice cream! If God were to give me a piece of life, I would dress simply, throw myself face first into the sun, baring not only my body but also my soul.

My God, if I had a heart, I would write my hate on ice, and wait for the sun to show. Over the stars I would paint with a Van Gogh, dream a Benedetti poem, and a Serrat song would be the serenade I'd offer to the moon. With my tears I would water roses, to feel the pain of their thorns, and the red kiss of their petals . . . My God, if I had a piece of life . . .

I wouldn't let a single day pass without telling the people I love that I love them.

I would convince each woman and each man that they are my favorites, and I would live in love with love. I would show men how very wrong they are to think that they cease to be in love when they grow old, not knowing that they grow old when they cease to be in love! To a child I shall give wings, but I shall let him learn to fly on his own. I would teach the old that death does not come with old age, but with forgetting. So much have I learned from you, my fellowmen . . .

I have learned that everyone wants to live on the peak of the mountain, without knowing that real happiness is in how it is scaled. I have learned that when a newborn child squeezes for the first time with his tiny fist his father's finger, he has him trapped forever. I have learned that a man has the right to look down on another only when he has to help the other get to his feet.

From you I have learned so many things, but in truth they won't be of much use, for when they put me in that suitcase, unhappily shall I be dying."



(attributed to, but not actually by) GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ




SON: And I'm not gonna take those drugs anymore.
They left me completely fuckin' numb.
I have felt so fucking numb to everything I have experienced in my life, okay?
And for that...
For that, I'm here to forgive you.
You always said all you wanted was for us to have whatever it is we wanted.
Maybe what Mom wanted more than anything was for it to all be over.
And for me...
what I want more than anything in the world is for it to be okay with you...
for me to feel something again.
Even if it's pain.


Father: Well, you're going against your doctor's recommendation.
That's a pretty weighty experiment to take on, don't you think?


SON: This is my life, Dad.
This is it.
I spent 26 years waiting for something else to start.
So, no, no, I don't think it's too much to take on...
because it's everything there is.
I see now it's all there is.
You and I are going to be okay.
You know that, right?
We may not be as happy as you always dreamed we would be, but...
for the first time, let's just allow ourselves
to be whatever it is we are.

And that'll be better, okay?

I think that'll be better....


Garden State (2004)




a prelude from Me, You and Everyone I know...


Old man: Ellen broke up with me.



Christine: What? Why?



Old man: She thinks she's
gonna die this week.



Christine: No. Out of everyone at Saint Tod,
she is the least likely person to die.



Old man: Well, she's usually right.
She's been right about everyone else.

I lived a whole life with a woman
I didn't even really like.
We traveled all over the world together.
And (yet) Ellen and I never even left the grounds.



Christine: Well, actually I took you
to the IMAX that one time.



Old man: Yeah, but I wanted to take her
to the Mayan ruins in Guatemala.
She really wanted to see those.



Christine: Yeah, that just seems weird that
she wouldn't want to be with you...
you know,if her time was coming.



Old man: I've long since stopped
trying to make people...
do things they don't want to do.



Christine: But she's the love of your life.
You're just gonna let her go?



Old man: No. She's just... going.



eine kleine von: ESOTSM


Clementine:Joely?


Joel: Yeah, Tangerine?



Clementine: Am I ugly?


Joel: Mm-mmm.

Clementine: When I was a kid,
I thought I was.
Can't believe I'm crying already.
Sometimes I think people don't understand how lonely it is
to be a kid.
Like you don't matter.
So, I'm eight...and I have these toys,
these dolls.
My favorite is this ugly girl doll
who I call Clementine.
And I keep yelling at her:

"You can't be ugly! Be pretty!"

It's weird.
Like if I can transform her,

I would magically change too.



Joel: You're pretty.


Clementine: Joely, don't ever leave me.

Pretty. Pretty.
Pretty. Pretty.






I changed my looks but I still felt the same
I rearranged my house
But I still lived there
I changed my lovers
But I still wanted you
I changed but I didn’t
Because we can never be anything
But a variation of our self.

TERRELL

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ognuno e'da solo sul cuor della terra trafitto da un raggio di sole, ed e' subito sera
(S.Quasimodo)

Ora sono sola
senza il mondo
chiusa fra le mura
di questa stanza
Sempre sparsi i sensi
ed i significati:
Non basta piu' quel mio eterno sorriso
(LB)

22:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home