Tuesday, November 29, 2005

float like a cannonball...

Of all the parts I’ve been given to play
That of your lover
Was the best by far
And who changed the script I will never know
But the best part of you with me
Will always be the part
Of my act
That everyone sees as the best of me

TERRELL




last act from Garden State....


HE: What are you thinking about?

SHE: You're not coming back, are you?

HE: Come on, Sam.
Of course I am.

SHE: No, you're not.
You don't realize this is good.
This doesn't happen often.
In your life, you know?
I mean, this...
We can work this stuff out.
I want to help you,you know?
We need each other.
I haven't even lied in, like, two days.


HE: Is that true?

SHE: No.

HE: Look, this isn't...
This isn't a conversation
about this being over.
It's... It's...
I'm not puttin' a period at the end of this, you know?
I'm puttin', like,an ellipsis on it.
Because I'm-I'm worried that if I don't go figure myself out...
if I don't go, like,land on my own two feet...
then I'm gonna fuck this whole thing up,
and this is too important.
I gotta go. I...
Gotta go.
I fired my psychiatrist.
I gotta go find a new one.
Look, I'm gonna call you when I get there.
I'm gonna call you.
Look at me.
Look at me.
You changed my life.
You changed my life,and I've known you four days.
This is the beginning of something really big.
But right now, I gotta go.


SHE: Come here.


announcer:… Final boarding call for all...
...Take your seats as quickly as possible.



- SHE: What are you doing?

- HE: Remember that idea I had about
working stuff out on my own...
and then finding you once I figured stuff out?

SHE: The ellipsis?


HE: Yeah. The ellipsis. It's dumb.
It's dumb. It's an awful idea.
And I'm not gonna do it, okay?
'Cause like you said, this is it.
This is life...
and I'm in love with you, Samantha.
I think that's the only thing I've ever been really sure of in my entire life.
I'm really messed up now,and I got a lot of stuff I gotta work out.
But I don't want to waste any more of my life without you in it, okay?


- SHE: Yeah.

- HE: And I think I can do this! I mean, I want to.


- HE: We have to, right?

- SHE: Yeah!


- HE: Right?


- SHE: Yes!


HE: So what do we do?

What do we do?



Don't hold yourself like that
You'll hurt your knees
I kissed your mouth and back
But that's all I need
Don't build your world around volcanoes melt you down

What I am to you is not real
What I am to you you do not need
What I am to you is not what you mean to me
You give me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask for the sea

Don't throw yourself like that
In front of me
I kissed your mouth your back
Is that all you need?
Don't drag my love around
volcanoes melt me down

What I am to you is not real
What I am to you you do not need
What I am to you is not what you mean to me
You give me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask for the sea
Is just what I'm going through
This is nothing new
No no just another phase of finding what I really need
Is what makes me bleed
And like a new disease she's still too young to treat
Volcanoes melt me down
She's still too young
I kissed your mouth
You do not need me

D.Rice



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home