Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Swahili for the broken-hearted

16/Maart


"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore.
"However," he said, brightening a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."




aurally: rain pattering on a corrugated iron roof..
currently reading: Swahili for the broken-hearted
currently smelling: Irises
currently collecting: playing cards found op straat
currently escaping to: Finland of Eire
currently listening: Nitin Sawhney
last postcard received: Airlie Beach, Queensland
currently drinking: Jupiler
currently missing: the sun on my face, & sand underfoot...
currently disliking: period films (Merchant/Ivory), 80's fashions
last scene: 21 grams
last moved (to tears):
" One of the people who died in the train bombings in Madrid on Thursday was a 37-year-old woman, Pilar Cabreza Buria. Her husband, Jesus Antonio Munoz, buried her on Saturday after sitting by her coffin in vigil over Friday night. .. ....It's absurd. I don't feel any repulsion. I don't know - indifference. The only thing I know is that they've torn out my heart. And now I'm like a child of five years old. Now I've got to start everything again - becoming an adult all over again.




..en, bij het weggaan, steeds weer denkt, schrikt, dat je te licht bent, zoals je je, wachtend, minutenlang hevig verliƩft in elk nieuw mens maar toch het meeste wachtend bent ..




A LOVER SINGS

You and I are victims of a love That lost a lot in the translation
When I think of all the time that I spent Sitting on the edge of your bed in anticipation
Of you giving in and us living in sin
A hot day, the smell of hairspray And the sound of a shower running softly
It's things like this that remind me of how I felt The first time you came back for coffee
The way you took it amazed me


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home